Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheeks

I cried tonight.


I hadn't done that in awhile. I'd been fine all day. So what was the trigger? Facebook, or more specifically, photos of babies on Facebook. It's not that I envy the friends who have babies. I'm truly, genuinely happy for them. Those photos sometimes remind me of all the things Cole was not able to do, and tonight was one of those times. Maybe I should just block the friends to keep their posts from showing up in my news feed. Or maybe I should just stop checking Facebook. Neither of those will ever happen because I love babies (and I really enjoy Facebook). I love  baby toes and baby skin. I love fuzzy baby heads, and soft baby cheeks. My friends with babies have been given sweet, little gifts. I hope they all realize that as they are dealing with sleepless nights, feedings, diapers, and laundry. So keep the photos coming, friends. I really do love seeing your babies and everything they are doing.


Speaking of cheeks (we were, right?), Cole's were the best. Little man weighed only 3 lbs. 12 oz. when he was born. He was so little, but as he grew, his cheeks seemed to take over. They were soft, squishy, and oh so kissable.


Here are some of my favorite cheek photos:




So peaceful




I grabbed the camera since I knew his eyes
wouldn't stay open for long.



*Showin' some attitude




*One of my most favorite photos of Cole




*Snuggling with Mommy



*I posted this already, I know, but I can't help it.
CHEEKS!



*The best.



*Photos courtesy of Keri Dummerth Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment