Monday, November 19, 2012

Music

Music has always had a profound effect on me. It can stir emotion like nothing else. There are certain songs, usually ones containing verses about Heaven and Christ's victory over death, that really get the tears flowing, especially since losing Cole. The music at my church is exceptional, and on several occasions I have been so moved that I end up shaking while trying desperately not to cry. Yesterday was one of those times. The last song we all sang was one of my favorites, "In Christ Alone". Not only is the melody beautiful, but the lyrics are profound. A sweet friend sang this song at Cole's funeral, so it holds extra special meaning in my heart.

I searched for the song on Youtube, and was surprised to find this version by Owl City. Listen to the words carefully, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment